Closes: When position is filled.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Pay: Negotiable, DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer?: Of course.
Benefits: We get paid weekly! Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits. We offer a 401k plan with a 20% match. We also offer sick/vacation time and a great working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight of departmental functions:
- Training and development
- Hiring (non-drivers)
- Reviews and approves requests for terminations
- Fostering of company’s employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork, diversity, high-performance and accountability.
- Implement HR policies and programs as required by the company.
- Ensure job descriptions for all positions are accurate and up-to-date.
- Create organizational development and employee training programs.
- Conduct performance reviews with department managers and monitor employee productivity, attitudes and performance results.
- Recruit and retain top quality staff for each department (non-drivers).
- Investigations and company complaints.
- Advises and gives direction to HR manager throughout investigations.
- Ensure employee safety, wellness, welfare, health, and happiness.
- Works closely with the safety department regarding workplace safety programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must perform all duties with “safety-first” in mind.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in HR at executive level
- Ability to handle a high level of stress
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- University degree in related field preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Must be ethical in all dealings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including: listening, coaching and training
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior-level executives
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to develop new HR policies and programs based on business requirements
- Solid business acumen, management reporting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Transportation Knowledge beneficial
All qualified applicants will go through pre-employment testing, including verification of employment, background check* and drug screen (hair-follicle).
*Individuals with criminal record will not be automatically disqualified. Each qualified applicant is considered on a case by case basis.
- Weekly pay
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401k Plan with an employer match
- Sick and vacation time
- Company sponsored events like contests, BBQ’s and other fun stuff (always involving food)
- A great culture and environment in which to work