Closes: When position is filled.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Pay: Negotiable, DOE
Equal Opportunity Employer?: Of course.
Benefits: We get paid weekly! Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits. We offer a 401k plan with a 20% match. We also offer sick/vacation time and a great working environment.
General Summary: The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the oversight of the HR department. The HRD implements policies and programs, managing all aspects of employee relations and development and ensures compliance with all applicable employment laws. The Director of HR will manage staffing and recruiting (non-driving positions) organizational development, performance management, training, benefits administration, and employee counseling services. This individual will be resourceful and have excellent communication and leadership skills. This person perpetuates and is an example of The PRIDE Way and the Pride Core Values.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight of all departmental functions.
- Working closely with fellow directors regarding respective employees, departments, and interdepartmental crossover.
- Fostering of company’s employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork, diversity, high-performance and accountability.
- Implementation of HR policies and programs as required by the company.
- Ensuring job descriptions for all positions are accurate and up to date.
- Creating organizational development and employee training programs.
- Conducting performance reviews with department directors/managers and monitoring employee productivity, attitudes, and performance results.
- Recruiting and retaining top quality staff for each department (non-drivers).
- Investigations and company complaints.
- Advises and gives direction to HR manager throughout investigations
- Ensuring employee safety, wellness, welfare, health, and happiness.
- Works closely with the safety department regarding workplace safety programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must perform all duties with “safety-first” in mind.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in HR at executive level
- Ability to handle a high level of stress
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- University degree in related field preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Must be ethical in all dealings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including: listening, coaching and training
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior-level executives
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to develop new HR policies and programs based on business requirements
- Solid business acumen, management reporting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Transportation Knowledge beneficial
All qualified applicants will go through pre-employment testing, including verification of employment, background check* and drug screen (hair-follicle).
*Individuals with criminal record will not be automatically disqualified. Each qualified applicant is considered on a case by case basis.
- Weekly pay
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401k Plan with an employer match
- Sick and vacation time
- Company sponsored events like contests, BBQ’s and other fun stuff (always involving food)
- A great culture and environment in which to work