by Pride Transport | Jul 09, 2021
Have you ever wondered how to attain the elusive goal of one-million, accident-free miles?
Some key things Shane recommends:
- Know your fatigue signs and know when to pull over to rest.
- Invest in audiobooks –they keep you aware because you’re interested in what’s being said and it helps eliminate distractions.
- Make a routine for winding down; for Shane, five minutes before he plans to stop, he turns off all the sound in the truck, dims the interior of the truck, takes deep breaths to signal to his body that it’s approaching bedtime and then reads a drab book that will put him to sleep!
Lastly, “you have to love and embrace the lifestyle –the big shiny rigs, taking pride in your equipment, making the truck your home away from home.” Shane says he always feels good and ready to tackle whatever is ahead when his truck is clean –just like Jeff England! Pride understands how challenging being an over the road professional driver is and recognizes its employees when they have met the milestone of a half million safe miles and beyond.
Half Million Miles:
- To qualify, you must have driven 500,000 safe miles (approximately four years) with Pride and be incident/accident free. All drivers who meet this criteria earn a Carhart jacket.
- In 2021 we have 15 new Half Million mile drivers
- Adam Bugbee, Alejandro Diaz, Barry Boardman, Brian Candey, Charles England, David Bunton, Destany Drawn, Don Blasongame, Shaun Green, Eric Grubb, Philip Hageman, Richard Harlander, Daniel Harnett, Heather Gardner, Ingham Truman, Christopher Iverson, James Capson, Jimmy Baum, Carl Johansen, John Brandes, John Gilbert, Stephan Johnson, Jaren Jorgensen, Jeremy Jorgensen, Troy Logan, Kristie Martin, Debbie McCarthy, Bernell McDonald, Eric Middleton, Travis Miller, Barry Osborne, Leroy Patterson, Scott Petty, Kenneth Polhemus, Carla Proctor, Donald Rives, Brandon Saenz, Carl Scales, Marvin Shaver, Neil Smith, Gabriel Stanton, Alva Steven, Ronald Sweeten, Ernst Timothy, Robbie Underwood, Vaughn, Feulner, Johnny Wainwright, Michael Weldon, James Wilkes III, Leonard Wright, Tim Wynder
- To qualify, you must have driven 1,000,000 safe miles (approximately eight years) collectively. This must be verified and substantiated by previous employers. All miles must be incident/accident free. All drivers who meet this criteria earn a wall plaque, personal plaque and an all-weather jacketand are announced in the company newsletter.
- Currently, Pride has 64!
- 46-One Million milers
- Al Blanc, Barry Bowman, Gary Bowman, Everst Carter, Angelo Chacon, Ben Chindlund, Jeff Cleghorn, Joe Cottrell, Larry Couch, Antal Czifra Robert Day, Patricio Derugama, Bert Duncan, Misty Duncan, John Easling, Mark Fitzsimmons, Gary Frank, Daniel Franklin, Jose Garcia-Jauarez, William Giffen, Stephan Hinkle, Jared Howard, Yuriy Ishenko, Harry Jelaskovic, Ralph Laughter, Gregory Lawrence, Larry Lovell, Darin Mantas, Gary Osborn, Steven Perry, Daniel Raddon, Randy Rhodes, Mark Rojas, Jim Russell, Christopher Saunders, Richard Scott, Scott Severin, Rachel Snow, Christopher Steele, Larry Thornton, Mark Tilt, Kevin Tracy, Michael Waters, Verl Webb, Therald Wells
- 13-Two million milers
- Tommy Bennett, Michael Duce, Richard Felsch, James Harper, Ron Jensen, Jene Neff, Ronert Parker, Jim Sim, Frank Smith, Jerry Stanford, Armando Torres, Tony Vink, Shane Webb
- 5-Three million milers
- Don Price, Juan Ramirez, Chuck Thomas, Bryan Tobias, James Malloch
- 46-One Million milers