General Summary: Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on reefer units. Analyze failures and correct root problems. Weld/braze chassis and other components to original specification as needed. Communicate estimated repair time out-of-service trailers failures to foreman. Ensure that tasks are performed safely, professionally, and time to best represent Pride Transport. This person is an example of and perpetuates the five-company core values. The PRIDE Way. This person exemplifies and perpetuates the five-company core values—the PRIDE Way.
$1,000* Sign-on Bonus!
Closes: When position is filled.
Schedule: Thursday 12 PM-6PM; Friday through Sunday 6 AM-6PM
Pay: DOE, range of $17.50 to $22+ per hour, depending on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Of course.
- Work independently to diagnose / repair / replace faulty components, systems, and parts on the refrigeration unit.
- Perform all levels of Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs.
- EPA 608 Type II certification.
- Ability to plan and prioritize time to accomplish work repairs.
- Create repair order tickets and account for time and parts used.
- Communicate out-of-service equipment to supervisor or foreman.
- A commitment to excellent internal customer service and support.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- Perform other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
- Perform repairs as needed or as directed off-site.
- Must be able to operate company equipment.
- Adhere to the after-hours on-call schedule.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose / repair / replace faulty components, systems, and parts on trailers.
- Knowledge of heavy-duty equipment and transportation
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and ensure accuracy.
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be 18 years or older for the equipment used in this position.
All qualified applicants will go through pre-employment testing, including verification of employment, background check**, and drug screen (hair-follicle).
**Individuals with a criminal record will not be automatically disqualified. Each qualified applicant is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Weekly pay.
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits.
- 401k Plan with an employer match.
- Sick and vacation time.
- Company sponsored events like contests, BBQ’s and other fun stuff (always involving food).
- A great culture and environment in which to work.
*Talk to HR regarding details