General Summary: Supervises assigned group of employees and ensures service to customers are meeting to exceeding expectations which can include, planning, dispatching, safety issues, and customer service involving such freight. Ensures tasks are performed in a safe, professional, timely, and legal manner to best represent Pride Transport.
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday; 8 AM to 5 PM
Pay:$18+ per hour, Depending on experience + weekend shift differential & monthly performance incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Of course
Benefits: We get paid weekly! Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits. We offer a 401k plan with a 20% match. We also offer sick/vacation time and a great working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attendance is an essential job function
- Attend all Company and Departmental meetings as required
- Accomplish all outlined goals and measurable expectations
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
- Observe and practice safe work habits
- Develop and teach team members to exemplify the Pride Way
- Work directly with driving employees to pick up and deliver freight, on time, safely, and claim-free
- Makes decisions on freight to ensure that both the drivers and equipment are busy as well as the customer's freight is delivered on time
- Reacts to problems and finds solutions for both customers and employees to keep them on time
- Assigns and plans freight as needed to optimize freight for on time as well as HOS for drivers
- Covers for co-workers when they are out of the office including weekend shifts as needed
- Maintain and retain driving employees while both engaging them and finding new opportunities to make their life easier
- Works well with other departments to keep everything optimized
- Answers both phone, email, and computer messages in a timely manner to ensure communication is flowing and not to hold up situations and cause problems
- Exemplify safety first in everything that you do
- Conduct reviews, including corrective actions as needed and assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have working knowledge of all Federal, State, and local transportation laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the transportation industry
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to plan and organize effectively
- Must be able to handle stress and be able to interact with others on a professional basis
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee commitment
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize important tasks and assignments
- Perform tasks with accuracy and extreme thoroughness under rapid deadlines
Qualified applicants will complete a pre-employment drug screen (hair follicle testing), verification of employment and background screen.
Applicants with a criminal history are not automatically disqualified. We review on a case-by-case basis.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
- Weekly pay
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision and other voluntary benefits
- 401k Plan with an employer match
- Sick and vacation time
- Company sponsored events like contests, BBQ’s and other fun stuff (always involving food)
- A great culture and environment in which to work